It seems like it was just yesterday when you waved your little one off to kindergarten, and now you're preparing to wave them off to college. This is a momentous event in any young person’s life, marking the threshold between childhood and adulthood. What can you, as parent, friend, aunt, uncle or grandparent do to celebrate the occasion and show just how proud you really are? A gift is certainly in order, but you feel like the pressure is on and aren't quite sure what your graduate will appreciate the most. Fear not, we have the just list you've been looking for.
While there are several gifts which have been given traditionally to graduates for years, we can't think of a better moment to give that first piece of real jewelry. Not many items suggest that movement into adulthood better than a simple gold necklace or genuine gemstone earrings. While the options may seem truly endless, we've narrowed our recommendations to the top 10 gift ideas below:
1) The Monogram Necklace. Simple and sweet, these dainty gold lower case letters go with everything. These are made from solid 14k yellow or white gold with delicate, minimal gold chains. This is a staple in every girls jewelry box. While there are many versions of this timeless necklace available, the quality of this piece will take your graduate into all phases of their wonderful life to come.
2) The Diamond Monogram Necklace. Adorned with white diamonds, set on a solid gold base, these delightful letters dazzle. These make a wonderful gift for the college graduate. Small enough to be seen from afar, the beauty of this piece is the size. They layer perfectly with other pieces and as well as they wear alone.
3) Emerald Round Stud Earrings. Every girl needs a little vintage in their life. Inspired by the designs of the 20's, these studs show how far a timeless design can take you. The emeralds give these earrings a perfect pop of color while still making a fantastic everyday piece. These are made of solid 14k yellow gold with 2.5mm emeralds set in the center.
4) Rough White Diamond Band Necklace. These diamonds in the rough create a piece as unique as your graduate. Uncut and unpolished diamonds make for an organic piece for those who prefer a more modern look. Delicate white and silver raw diamonds sit along a thin gold filled chain. A timeless favorite.
5) Turquoise Drop Earrings. If you're looking for a gift with a little more color, these turquoise earrings are a great pick. These double drop earrings are perfect for a college formal or that first job interview. Chic and stylish.
6) Gold Wishbone Necklace. A classic way to wish your graduate well. This simple gold wishbone necklace is set on a delicate beaded chain. Minimal, but substantial in style.
7) Aqua Chalcedony Statement Bracelet. Help them make a statement with this gold link bracelet. Accented with a bright aqua blue chalcedony stone, this bracelet is sure to be their favorite accessory to that new job.
8) Bubblegum Ring in Chrysoprase. Timeless and modern. A rose cut gemstone is set in a 14k gold vermeil band. These come in multiple colors which makes it easy to find one that will fit your graduate perfectly.
9) Rainbow Moonstone Stud Earrings. Gemstone studs are another staple. They go with everything from jeans and a blazer to an office appropriate outfit. The neutral tones in the moonstone will go with everything.
10) Diamond Bar Necklace. Saving the best for last. Diamond bar necklaces are all the rage. Simple in design with the bling factor every girl swoons over. 14k solid gold setting holds 20 white diamonds. This piece is sure to show her how proud you are of all those sleepless nights spent studying.
All jewelry comes in a signature Rachael Ryen Gift Box and shipping within the US is free.